Samson Launches Expedition XP108w – Rechargeable Portable PA with Handheld Wireless System and Bluetooth® – at NAMM 2018
Expedition XP3108w and all of Samson’s consumer and professional audio solutions will be on display NAMM 2018 (Booth 14117, ACC North, Level 1)
ANAHEIM, CA (January 25, 2018) – Samson, an industry pioneer in professional audio products, launches the Expedition XP108w, an all-in-one, rechargeable portable PA speaker, at NAMM 2018. The XP108w is ideal for sound reinforcement needs in large rooms and outdoor situations. This lightweight speaker offers 200 watts of power with up to 20 hours of battery life, as well as a 4-channel mixer, Bluetooth audio and a wireless microphone. Its telescopic handle and smoothing rolling wheels lets users bring great sound anywhere. The Expedition XP108w will be available in March 2018 at all major MI retailers for $399.99.
A Comprehensive & Expandable System
The XP108w features a 4-channel mixer with 2-band (Bass and Treble) master EQ, as well as independent volume controls on each channel. For events, the XP108w delivers wireless music playback from a smartphone, tablet or laptop via Bluetooth (with transport controls), while the included handheld wireless microphone offers 200’ of performance freedom. The additional channels can be used for adding a wired microphone, as well as stereo devices such as MP3 players, keyboards and more. Also, a line output allows users to daisy-chain multiple systems together to expand sound.
Powered by an ultra-efficient Class D amplifier, the XP108w packs 200 watts into a rugged enclosure that weighs just under 24 pounds. A telescopic handle and smooth rolling wheels make transportation a breeze, while a perforated steel grille protects all the speaker’s components.
Mic & Placement Flexibility
The XP108w features a USB wireless port for use with Samson XPD Series USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately), and can also be used for phone charging. The mixer’s Voiceover switch enables a ducker circuit that automatically lowers the music while someone is speaking into the included mic or using the USB wireless port. The XP108w also offers a standard 1 3/8” speaker stand mount for optimal placement.
- All-in-one portable PA system that weighs just under 24lb
- Internal rechargeable battery for up to 20 hours of continuous use
- Bluetooth connectivity (with transport controls) to connect wireless music sources
Includes built-in wireless system with handheld dynamic microphone (200′ operating range)
- 2-way speaker enclosure with 8” woofer
- 1” high frequency driver
- Class D amplifier produces 200 watts of Peak power
- 4-channel mixer with 2-band (Bass and Treble) EQ
- Independent volume controls on each channel
- XLR-1/4” combo input for microphones and line level devices
- 1/8” (3.5mm) Aux input for stereo line level devices (MP3 players, keyboards, etc.)
- Line output to daisy-chain multiple systems together
- Voiceover control with priority ducking
- USB wireless port for use with Samson XPD Series USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately) and phone charging
- Battery level, Charging and Power LED indicators
- Telescopic handle and smooth rolling wheels for easy transport
- 1 3/8” speaker stand mount
# # #
Samson Technologies began in 1980 as a pioneer in wireless microphone technology. Today, Samson is an industry leader in professional audio solutions whose products are known for their fidelity and reliability. Samson products are preferred by recording artists, performers, educators and audio professionals throughout the world.