Wattbike the only factory calibrated static bike for fitness that accurately measures power and delivers performance data for cyclists brings a new level of endurance training to Crossfit fans
San Jose, CA & Nottingham, UK – (July 28, 2011) – Wattbike, the innovative indoor cycle trainer is pleased to announce their strategic partnership with Brian MacKenzie and Doug Katona of CrossFit Endurance (CFE), the leader in strength training and conditioning for endurance athletes. Wattbike’s highly acclaimed Trainer and Pro bikes, are the world’s first affordable indoor bikes that accurately measures power (Watts) while delivering key performance data across 39 parameters. Endorsed by British Cycling and widely used by elite athletes, sports bodies and professional sports teams as their preferred high performance cycle training device, the Wattbike provides crossfit fitness fans with a high performance training device that allows them to train harder in a shorter period of time. CFE will use the Wattbike as their preferred indoor training bike for special program sessions and cycling certifications that they offer to Crossfit gyms and trainers.
“The CFE program is an endurance sports training program dedicated to improving performance, fitness and endurance sports potential, says Brian MacKenzie, founder of Crossfit Endurance. We inspire, coach and provide our community with the most aggressive and proven fundamentals of sports science, exercise physiology, nutrition and athletic training protocols and we are proud to partner with Wattbike to offer our athletes the World’s best indoor training bike as a new endurance training station.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Brian MacKenzie and Doug Katona of CrossFit Endurance, a leader in endurance conditioning that shares our dedication to optimizing an athlete’s training regiment,” says Ian Wilson, Managing Director of Wattbike. “With more than 6.3 billion cyclists worldwide (Wikipedia) and the rapidly growing number of Americans who are now health and fitness conscious, we are proud to provide a highly accurate and effective cycling training option that is becoming a paramount instrument for athletes and fitness enthusiasts worldwide.”
The Wattbike Trainer and Pro bikes are designed to replicate the sensation of ‘real’ cycling and deliver accurate, repeatable and comparable results. With a Wattbike you can analyze and fine tune your cycling technique, monitor and record key performance parameters in real-time with an unrivalled level of accuracy.
Great for rehabilitation, general fitness, high level training, scientific testing, cross-training and competition, Wattbikes include a variety of technical features such as:
- Feels like a real bike – The Wattbike features both air and magnetic braking systems to allow you to replicate any desired training session from low intensity recovery riding to maximal intensity sprints.
- Accuracy & factory calibration – Delivers accurate, repeatable and comparable results as each Wattbike is factory calibrated and will not need to be recalibrated throughout its life.
- Performance Computer (Watch Demo Video) – Simple and intuitive, it records 39 parameters 100 times per second, but displays only the key information for the cyclist through seven different views. The rider has the option of viewing their data in Power (Watts), Energy (Joules), Speed (km/h) and Pace (time per km).
- Unique Polar Display (Polar View Explanation Video) – Provides immediate feedback on the cyclist’s technique and all bikes are factory calibrated identically, allowing them to be linked together for accurate racing.
- Heart Rate Monitoring – Supports ANT+ SPORT chest belts including Suunto and Garmin. Polar uncoded belts can also be used with an adaptor.
- Expert Software – Allows you to link your Performance Computer directly to your PC providing you with an extraordinary range of monitoring that was previously only available to the world’s top cyclists.
- Fully Adjustable – Easily replicate the exact riding position that you use on your regular bike, and you can replace the saddle and pedals that the Wattbike comes with to ensure you’re comfortable and able to get the most out of your physiology.
- Racing (Cycling Challenge Video)- The Wattbike comes ready to race. Each bike is linked to the computer and up to 20 riders can race at once, with their progress and current performance data displayed on a screen.
- Trainer version – Suitable for high level track and endurance cyclists, children and non-cyclists.
- Pro version – Ideal for track sprinter, endurance cyclists and triathletes, this version features a 0-3,760 Watt resistance range, 10 air resistance levels and magnetic brakes that extend the resistance range for top sprinters. This model is suitable for top endurance and track cyclists.
The Wattbike is not only a top choice for competitive cyclists it’s also increasingly the indoor cycle trainer of choice for gym and fitness chains, offering gym members the ability to track improved levels of fitness and allowing gyms to provide group sessions with enhanced levels of interaction. The Wattbike is available in Pro and Trainer models for $2,995 MSRP and can be purchased direct from www.wattbike.com/us.
About Crossfit Endurance
Brian MacKenzie and Doug Katona’s CrossFit Endurance (CFE) is an endurance sports training program dedicated to improving performance, fitness and endurance sports potential. We inspire, coach and provide our community with the most aggressive and proven fundamentals of sports science, exercise physiology, nutrition and athletic training protocols.
We are the leaders in strength and conditioning for endurance athletes. We have been guiding athletes, educating coaches and providing premier content to the endurance communities with tremendous success. Our passion is endurance sports. Our goal is to show a path that has not been illuminated. Our training principles work. For more information please visit www.crossfitendurance.com
In 2000, the founders of Wattbike approached British Cycling with the idea to create an indoor bike which accurately measures a range of high-performance parameters; six years later the governing body was satisfied that the Wattbike met their criteria and today Wattbike remains the first and only indoor cycle trainer to be endorsed by British Cycling. Launched to the public in 2008, Wattbike quickly established itself as the indoor cycle trainer of choice for elite athletes, gym chains and the home fitness market. For more information please visit http://www.wattbike.com
Max Borges Agency
1.305.576.1171 ext 113