Milano – September 4, 2013 – V-MODA, maker of the world’s finest headphones, is proud to announce yet another stellar accolade for the Crossfade M-100 headphones, DJ Mag’s Tech award for Best Headphone of the year. The latest award joins over the 10 Editors’ Choice awards, including CNET and Sound & Vision since it’s launch.
After many years of judging the categories with a live expert panel, this year DJ Mag crowdsourced the effort, turning to their millions of loyal readers and social network subscribers to put the votes in the hands of the most avid professional and aspiring DJs in the world. Participating brands submitted a video for the community to vote on. V-MODA’s entry demonstrated the many editor’s choice awards and hundreds of professional musicians and DJs actively using M-100 including AVICII, Paul Oakenfold, Erick Morillo, Empire of the Sun, Morgan Page, Funkagenda, NERVO, Sander Kleinenberg, Giorgio Moroder, to name a few.
“As a DJ, winning this award is truly a legendary accomplishment for V-MODA,” states Val Kolton, Chief Visionary Officer at V-MODA. “To design M-100, we tapped into the collective intellect of elite DJs, audiophiles and tech enthusiasts. The fact the award process was crowdsourced much in the same vein as the product was developed, truly validates that M-100 was developed by the people for the people to be versatile enough to win over DJs, audiophiles and lifestyle consumers alike,” added Kolton.
The compact M-100 adds unparalleled versatility and functionality to the best-in-class Crossfade series. Dual inputs allow the headphones to share music as well as act as a virtual on-the-go mixer, and the patent-pending V-CORK seals allow the discerning listener to perfectly balance the audio. The optional Coil Pro cable with locking mechanism allows extended freedom of up to 12 feet in the DJ booth. V-MODA continues to allow DJs to “endorse themselves” by customizing the headphone with its unique custom shield and laser engraving service that allows users to interchange the metal shields with an array of colors, DJ logos and even their own design.
- 50mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent pending)
- No batteries or artificial sound processing
- CLIQFOLD folding hinge (patent pending)
- Dual Inputs with V-CORK seals (patent pending)
- Form fitting Exoskeleton case
- Two Kevlar-reinforced cables
- Universal SpeakEasy microphone cable for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices
- SharePlay extended audio cable and ¼” adapter
- Compatible with locking CoilPro, BoomPro Mic and 3-button mic cables (sold separately)
- Two year warranty, lifetime 50 percent immortal life program and V-MODA Six-Star Service
MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality
- Survives 70+ drops on concrete
- Virtually indestructible SteelFlex Headband
- Minimal sound variances from unit to unit checked along six parts of the sound curve versus 10-30dB+ of competing products
- Kevlar-reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
- MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
CoilPro Features and Specs
- Professional grade coiled cable for extended listening and DJ, music instrument, studio use
- Rugged metal casing with 24k gold plug
- 47” cable length extends to 12’
- ¼” metal threaded adaptor
- Legendary Kevlar reinforced V-MODA cable quality withstands 1.2 million bends
- Compatibility: V-MODA Crossfade M-100 (with TwistLock), LP, LP2 and some 3.5mm (1/8″) input headphones including Beats Solo, Mixr, Studio, Skullcandy Aviator, Hesh 2 and Monster DNA.
The Crossfade M-100 is available for $310 in Matte Black Metal, Shadow or White Silver at V-MODA.com which includes an extra set of personalized shields ($45 value). It is also available at Brookstone, Microsoft store, Amazon.com and fine retailers of headphones worldwide including Europe and Asia. High resolution images are available at VISION.V-MODA.com. V-MODA also sells CoilPro, an accessory for DJs that extends the lengthy of the cable up to 12’ and BoomPro, a hi-fi quality professional microphone, each of which are $30.00.
Designed in Milano, V-MODA’s verve is to amplify an authentic music lifestyle via timeless products forged by unparalleled quality, fashion-forward design and an unequivocal passion for music and materials. Led by Chief Visionary Officer and professional musician Val Kolton, V-MODA blends analog Renaissance age inspiration, Italian design and the charisma of classic Hollywood. Alongside co-founder Joseph Bucknall, the world’s most progressive producers, musicians and DJs, V-MODA marches to the beat of a very different drum.
Visit V-MODA.com, or follow us @VMODA on Twitter and Facebook.com/VMODA.
# # #
(305) 374-4404 × 115