USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone Delivers Excellent Audio Reproduction for Podcasters and More
LAS VEGAS – CES 2017, Booth #21427 / South Hall – Samson, an industry pioneer in computer audio products, today announces the Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack. Samson’s Q2U combines the convenience of digital and analog audio capture into one dynamic microphone that’s perfect for podcasting, live sound and music recording. With XLR and USB outputs, the Q2U comes equipped with everything you need to start recording right out of the box whether it be for home/studio or mobile use. The Q2U will be available February 2017.
The Q2U offers a significant improvement in audio quality over that of your computer’s internal microphone. Simply connect it directly to your computer or mobile device via USB, or directly into a mixer or audio interface with an XLR cable. To capture a live event or performance, users can utilize both connections simultaneously.
Samson’s Q2U is the ideal tool for starting a podcast or creating a production studio on a budget. From recording a solo broadcast on your laptop to multi-person interviews through a mixing desk, the Q2U delivers exceptional audio effortlessly with minimal setup. Onboard, high-quality analog-to-digital converters provide excellent audio reproduction, and its dynamic capsule is great for miking vocals, instruments and amplifiers. The Q2U’s cardioid (unidirectional) polar pattern picks up sound from in front of the mic, while rejecting unwanted sound from the rear and sides, minimizing the amount of ambient/room noise that is captured on recordings. It even features a 1/8″ (3.5mm) headphone output for zero-latency monitoring of captured audio, as well as the audio from your computer. The Q2U also comes with a mic clip, desktop tripod stand and extension piece, windscreen, XLR cable and USB cable.
Samson’s Q2U is compatible with iPhones and iPads via Apple’s Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, as well as Android devices via a Host OTG cable. Available February 2017 for $59.99.
- USB/XLR handheld dynamic microphone
- Ideal for podcasting, live sound and music recording applications
- USB port for connecting to any Mac or PC device
- XLR output for connecting to any mixer/PA system
- On/Off switch controls both USB and XLR audio output
- 1/8″ stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- Dual-color Power/Clip LED
- Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- USB bus powered via Mac, PC or iPad
- Solid, die-cast construction with heavy gauge mesh grill
- Includes mic clip, tripod stand, tripod stand extension, USB cable (2.25m) and XLR cable (3m)
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
# # #
Samson Technologies began in 1980 as a pioneer in wireless microphone technology. Today, Samson is an industry leader in professional audio solutions whose products are known for their fidelity and reliability. Samson products are preferred by recording artists, performers, educators and audio professionals throughout the world.
To connect with Samson, visit samsontech.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. For more information on Samson’s full line of wireless and audio products, media members may contact the following:
Max Borges Agency