The new product arsenal includes touch-control Bluetooth headphones, an ultra-portable, rugged, wireless outdoor speaker and waterproof cases for iPhone 5
Outdoor Tech® “tougher than you” gear will be on display at CE Week June 26 – June 27, 2013 at Booth # 45
NEW YORK – Outdoor Tech® announces three new products that will wage war against the elements and allow users to cut the cord. Rugged, waterproof and built for all of life’s adventures, the new Outdoor Tech® product lineup will include the Buckshot, the sneakiest little rugged, wireless speaker on the block, and the Safe 5, a waterproof iPhone 5 case that offers complete protection during any swim hole, waterfall or puddle jumping experience. Rounding out the new releases are the Privates, touch-control Bluetooth headphones aimed at bringing ODT’s signature outdoor style to a more urban environment.
“The Safe 5 and the Buckshot are both natural extensions of our current product line, blending the modern mobile lifestyle with the outdoors,” says Caro Krissman, CEO of Outdoor Tech®. “The Privates are a lifestyle headphone loaded with the latest in wireless technology and a touchpad control interface. We are forever focused on progress and addressing the needs of every audiophile in every circumstance, urban or natural, and as a result we are excited to be able to bring these three new options to market, further asserting ourselves as the dominant wireless brand in the space.”
The Buckshot is an ultra-portable, multi-functional, rugged and water-resistant wireless speaker. It features Outdoor Tech’s signature angular, triangle-themed design that is included with many of the other products in the Outdoor Tech® lineup such as the Turtle Shell® and the Tui headphones.
The rugged, rubberized exterior means that it’s no big deal if you drop it from time to time, and the built-in speakerphone and microphone means that you can have hands-free calls with your therapist wherever you want. The included bicycle mount allows you to mount the Buckshot to your bicycle handlebars, tricycle, golf cart, baby stroller, doggie stroller, moped, hang glider or anything else with a similar profile. Compact, portable music has never been a more viable option. Additional features and functions include:
- Fully wireless and portable – The Buckshot wirelessly connects with your phone, tablet, laptop or any other Bluetooth-enabled device. It streams crystal clear audio for a range of up to 32 feet for 10 hours on a single charge.
- Rugged, dust-proof, shock-resistant and water-resistant – Designed and built with the outdoorsman in mind, the Buckshot Bluetooth speaker comes equipped with the features necessary to keep the music playing wherever you go. Both shock-resistant and dust-proof, the Buckshot can be dropped or thrown around without a problem. It also has an IPX5 water resistance rating meaning that it will withstand splashes of liquid.
The Buckshot will be available for $49.95 at the end of July at www.outdoortech.com.
These are the Privates, Outdoor Tech’s touch-control Bluetooth wireless headphones. They feature a touchpad interface on the right earpiece that allows the user to change tracks and control volume with the swipe of a finger, built-in call functionality, a 3.5mm AUX jack for plug-in capability, a single button to control power, pairing and play/pause and a tough canvas wrap around the headband. The Privates are better-looking than a glass of scotch after that middle-seat flight between Sweaty Mister Johnson and Screaming Baby Timmy and more convenient than a twelve gauge when the zombies end up at your house.
- Fully wireless and portable – The Privates cordless headphones wirelessly connect with your smartphone, tablet, laptop or any other Bluetooth-enabled device, and operate via a touch pad on the right earpiece.
- 32-Feet of Streaming – The Privates stream crystal-clear audio for a range of up to 32 feet for 10 hours on a single charge. So, yes, you can put your phone on one side of a river, take a boat across, and listen to music on the other side.
- Built-in call functionality – When connected to your phone, the Privates’ built-in microphone allows you to make and receive hands-free calls from anytime, anywhere. One press of the multi-function button allows you to answer or hang up a call without ever touching your phone so you can use your hands for more important things, like digging for treasure.
- Fuel Gauge – The Privates project a fuel gauge onto your device that actively tells you how much juice you’ve got left.
- Foldable, Portability – Integrated hinges allow you to fold and stow your Privates when they are not in use. In addition, they feature swivel ear pads to ensure a very comfortable listening experience.
The Privates will be available for $99.95 at the end of July at www.outdoortech.com.
The Safe 5 makes your iPhone 5 completely waterproof for three feet up to thirty minutes. The Safe 5 wages war on the waterfalls, lakes, streams, oceans, puddles and rain that constantly threaten your expensive phone. On land, the iPhone 5 maintains full usability in regard to all of its functions including the on/off button, home button, touch screen, charging port and volume buttons.
- Fully waterproof – In case you haven’t quite figured it out yet, the Safe 5 makes your iPhone 5 completely waterproof and has an IPX-7 rating. When the Safe isn’t fighting off moisture, use it as an everyday case; each function of your iPhone remains accessible.
- Submarine Tough – The Safe 5 iPhone waterproof case features a rubber gasket that runs all the way around the interior, fully sealing off your phone from the destruction that water can cause. Opening and closing the case is made easy via three aluminum, quarter-turn latches that may be operated with a coin or any object with a similar profile. Finally, a rubber coating on the case’s front improves grip and makes it look dope.
The Safe 5 waterproof case for iPhone 5 will be available for $49.95 in July at www.outdoortech.com.
For press materials or to schedule a meeting with Outdoor Tech® at CE Week, please reach out to PR representative Jennifer Baybrook via email at email@example.com or at 305-374-4404 x 113.
About Outdoor Tech®:
The fundamental dilemma: blending a modern lifestyle in the age of mobility with the drive to be outdoors. Our development of wireless audio has been shaped by this constant push and pull, to stay connected but not tethered. Mobile devices have reshaped how we live, but standing alone, they merely scratch the surface on enhancing our lifestyle. A mobile device that requires a cord to play music and have a conversation is like a brain using only portion of its potential, cut the cord to realize a higher consciousness. Outdoor Tech® is about escape; breaking away from the city, routine, and the mundane. Our pulse beats design, style and creation. We don’t define ourselves by the space that confines us, but we do draw from it. Our mission is to create stuff you probably want, stuff that enhance experiences with the outdoors, with technology, and within. To learn more about Outdoor Tech® visit www.outdoortech.com or find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
# # #
Max Borges Agency
Senior Account Manager
Tel: 305-374-4404 x113
Max Borges Agency is an award-winning tech PR agency based in Miami with multi-national clients targeting the global consumer.