Tell My Geo™ delivers bi-directional tethering between seniors and their adult children while also enabling the transmittal of critical medical information to health care and emergency service providers
Laguna Hills, CA, December 13, 2010 – Iconosys, a leader in safety-related mobile communication apps, announces the release of the smart phone application “Tell My Geo™” to quell some of the anxieties and related problems that result from the reality of accommodating the needs of persons such as our elders who exhibit early signs of AD and MCI. This application uses Iconosys’ proprietary secure tethering technology for adults to monitor and track the location of their AD-affected family members/loved ones, and gives those suffering with AD much needed resources for finding their way home and locating their loved ones or care-providers in real-time.
In addition, Tell My Geo™ has a comprehensive medical information component built in to it, similar to the concept of a med-alert bracelet, but containing a much more detailed storehouse of vital medical-related data and other information, as well as the built-in ability to forward that information to health support and/or emergency services personnel with, we think, remarkable expediency. The information stored (and updated) by and through the app, includes the app user’s medical diagnosis, allergies, blood type, medical history, doctor and emergency contact information.
Once a user has registered his or her app with Iconosys, two adhesive decals are sent with instructions regarding where to place the decals; more specifically, Cared-For users are instructed to place these stickers 1) on the back of the Cared-For’s Smart phone (indicating that there is important or critical medical information on the phone), and 2) on the left rear window of the car, so as to alert emergency personnel and law enforcement authorities that the driver/occupant of the car may have an impairment or serious medical condition that should be taken into consideration as one is approaching the vehicle.
Recently, the National Institute on Aging (NIA) reported that up to 5.1 million Americans currently live with some form of Alzheimer’s (AD) and that the growth of AD will continue to grow at an advanced rate and increase the economic and health care burden on our society. A 2006 Johns Hopkins University study projected that an estimated 26.6 million people worldwide live with AD, and that by the year 2050, 1 out of every 85 people on the planet would be living with AD. The magnitude of this problem is further shown by data from the U.S. Census Bureau, which indicates that in 2004 there were approximately 32 million people living with some form of documented disabilities in the United States.
Tell My Geo™ Features Include the Following:
- Tell My Geo™ can actually locate or track an Alzheimer’s patient or any other adult or child (the “Cared-For” user) with the touch of a single button on the Care Provider’s Smart phone for ultimate convenience.
- Messages can be sent to the Cared-For’s phone using a special code that is picked up and responded to, thereby delivering the exact location of the Cared-For.
- The Cared-For’s phone has special, easy to read “Where Am I?”, “Send Location”, “Call For Help” buttons that are made particularly accessible for the Cared-For user.
- The Cared-For’s phone can be set to send regular updates on their physical location at periodic intervals — or more often if necessary — revealing exactly where their Cared-For is on a 15 minute, 30 minute, or hourly basis.
- The prominently displayed “Where Am I?” button gives the Cared-For user immediate information and an invaluable daytime satellite map, along with an image of their current location.
- The “Call For Help” button takes away the complexity and related anxiety that may be experienced by the Cared-For user from trying to dial a 10 digit phone number during a period of forgetfulness or panic. One easy click displays the Cared-For’s two Nearest Relatives (name and photo), and with one more click on the name or photo, the phone will dial these numbers without any additional action on the part of the Cared-For’s user.
- Critical medical information is stored in the phone and accessible by emergency personnel at a single click, and is editable by authorized care providers at www.tellmygeo.com
- In the event of an emergency, the Cared-For user’s medical history and detailed, critical information can be forwarded to a hospital or healthcare provider with the simple touch of a button, saving time and delivering more accurate, updated and timely information relating to prior diagnoses, allergies, and medicines taking etc..
- The app is available additionally in a specially skinned version for the Visually Impaired (macular degeneration, color blindness, disambiguation, etc.)
- Tell My Geo™ is available in English as well as Spanish.
“My grandfather has Alzheimer’s and watching my grandmother hold on and provide for his every care inspires our need for something like this. It’s not for everyone, but I worry a bit less knowing that he has a Smart phone in his diabetes kit bag, that I can find him anytime, and that emergency personnel will have access to his critical medical info, should he need it when one of us is not at his side or available to be there and help him,” commented Wayne Irving II, co-creator of Tell My Geo™ and Iconosys CEO and Founder
Tell My Geo™ is available now on the Android OS Smart phones. The app is available today for download from Iconosys.com/product.php, and from the Android Marketplace for $9.95 per month per phone. Two Smart phones are required to run the app. Android sold 9.1 Million Smart phones in the last financial quarter alone.
About Iconosys, Inc.
Iconosys, Inc., maker of the Driver and Child Safety Apps DriveReply™ and Trick or Tracker™ is developing a series of “first of kind“ technologies and technology driven products designed to make mobile applications better, faster, easier, and ultimately, safer to use.
Iconosys’ CEO Wayne Irving II, a pioneer in next-generation telecom concepts, has led the drive to take advantage of GPS and other onboard motion technologies to build lifesaving and life-enhancing products, and to create new and better tools for wireless platforms and operating systems.
Iconosys proprietary technology, developed with support from Motorola, is a complex series of algorithms and readings from the technology running on today’s Smart phones; this includes, without limitation, GPS and other motion sensors, coordinated with Google mapping to provide a more accurate and responsive set of background services to most, if not all, of the upcoming Iconosys technology releases.
Max Borges Agency
3030 Biscayne Blvd Suite 701
Miami, FL 33137