Minimal charging dock transforms your Apple Watch into a bedside alarm clock
San Francisco – Award-winning design studio Native Union’s DOCK for Apple Watch is designed for Nightstand Mode – a new watch function announced by Apple today as part of the watchOS 2 software update. DOCK for Apple Watch can be used horizontally, as well as vertically, transforming your watch into the perfect bedside alarm clock.
When Apple Watch is connected to DOCK in its horizontal orientation, the device will automatically go into Nightstand Mode. The sleek and minimal design of DOCK combined with its rotating arm, gives you easy access to illuminate the watch screen, and operate the side and Digital Crown buttons to turn off or snooze your alarm.
Fabien Nauroy, Head of Design at Native Union comments, “We anticipated that most Apple Watch users would charge their devices at night, so we designed DOCK to be used horizontally, as well as vertically, for a more natural way of viewing your watch while lying down. Now, with the introduction of Nightstand Mode, this function is more useful than ever. The Native Union DOCK effectively transforms your Apple Watch into an alarm clock, like no other charging dock on the market.”
DOCK provides a secure base to charge your watch, whether buckled or unbuckled, holding the device magnetically in place. The weighted silicon structure of the charging dock makes it sturdy, while its rotating aluminum arm lets you smoothly and firmly control the angle of your watch for optimal viewing. The design is reversible, allowing you to position the arm on whichever side is most convenient.
With just two components, the charger is precision engineered without screws, and magnetically slots together. The Apple Watch’s magnetic charging cable is fed into the dock where it is locked in place, which eliminates the frustration of fumbling around on the floor for your charger at night or unsightly messy wires.
DOCK for Apple Watch Features:
- Minimalist design complements both your Apple Watch and home interior, making it the ultimate accessory
- Compatible with all three Apple Watch models – Watch, Watch SPORT, Watch EDITION – and all strap styles and sizes
- Magnetically holds your watch in place, so you don’t need to worry if it’s buckled or unbuckled
- Whether you’re checking the time, replying to messages or using apps, the aluminum arm rotates smoothly and securely to allow you to find your Apple Watch’s optimal angle
- Sturdy, weighted base provides a versatile platform to comfortably view and navigate your Apple Watch as it recharges
- Reversible design lets you position your watch on the most convenient side of the base, for an unobstructed view and easy navigation of the watch face from your bedside or tabletop
- Can be used horizontally as well as vertically, for a more natural way of viewing your device when lying down
- Easy assembly – Precision engineered without screws and made up of just two minimal components
- Secures your charger in place, eliminating unsightly messy wires and the frustration of fumbling around for dropped cables at night
- Available in Graphite with Aircraft Grade Aluminum arm
- $59.99 at NativeUnion.com; Shipping starts September 28th, 2015
About Native Union:
Native Union is an award-winning product design company bringing a unique and sophisticated perspective to the booming mobile accessories market.
Founded in 2009 by John Brunner and Igor Duc, Native Union creates tech accessories with inherent warmth, personality and individuality, through its dedication to sophisticated design, innovative materials and an obsession with details.
Native Union’s in-house design team focuses on 3 main pillars: enhanced user experiences, innovation through design and a dedication to using the highest quality materials.
Garnering considerable critical acclaim from the design community, NATIVE UNION has offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Hong Kong with product available in the finest retailers across the world.
Native Union Media Contact:
Max Borges Agency
(305) 374-4404 x 110
Max Borges Agency is an award-winning tech PR agency based in Miami with multi-national clients targeting the global consumer.