Launching the new Kubota Creative Tools, The Lensbaby Pak with an Optic photo contest
Portland, OR – July 14, 2010 – Lensbaby (www.lensbaby.com) announces today that it is teaming up with acclaimed photographer Kevin Kubota, Founder of Kubota Photo Design and Idea Guy behind Kubota Image Tools, to create a Kubota Creative Tools Pak specifically for Lensbaby images. To kick-off this new partnership, Lensbaby is also announcing The Kubota Contest, a new photo contest for photographers making the best use of Lensbaby Optics. All Lensbaby photographers are being asked to submit two photos taken with any Lensbaby lens (Composer, Muse and Control Freak) and any of Lensbaby’s six optics (Double Glass, Single Glass, Plastic, Fisheye, Soft Focus and Pinhole/Zone Plate), by August 6, 2010 for a chance to win Lensbaby and Kubota Bucks as well as their own copy of the new Kubota Creative Tools, The Lensbaby Pak. The Lensbaby Pak will be available in September 2010.
“Any image coming out of your digital camera really needs a little TLC before it’s finished and with The Lensbaby Pak, Kevin Kubota has created a wide array of fantastic Photoshop Actions designed to quickly and easily enhance your photo while allowing the unique perspectives from Lensbaby lenses and optics to shine,” said Craig Strong, Lensbaby President and co-founder. “Lensbaby shooters love to spend more time behind the lens and less time in front of the computer, so it’s exciting that there is now a Lensbaby Action Pack that’s designed for the specific kinds of images Lensbaby optics produce.”
Kubota will choose one image from the photos taken with each Lensbaby optic as a winner, so there will be one image per optic representing a total of six chances to win. Kubota will use the Actions in the new Kubota Creative Tools, The Lensbaby Pak to really make the images pop. He’ll also show how it is done in a step-by-step Webinar, in which he will go through the process of editing each winning image.
The Kubota Contest Prizes Include:
1 Grand Prize Winner
- $300 in KubotaBucks
- $300 in Lensbaby Bucks
- The NEW Kubota Creative Tools, The Lensbaby Pak
5 Runner-up Winners
- $50 in KubotaBucks
- $50 in Lensbaby Bucks
- The NEW Kubota Creative Tools, The Lensbaby Pak
Submission Guidelines: Use any Lensbaby optic you have, or experiment with new ones
- Photos submitted must be taken with a Lensbaby lens and Lensbaby Optic
- Photos must be completely unedited images (though please do save as .jpgs that meet our file size requirements)
- Submit your best work! While Kevin will edit the winning images with his unique vision in mind, he’ll still be looking for strong, striking images with which to start.
- Each person may submit up to two photos.
- You must identify which Optic your image was shot with in order to complete your submission.
- Do not submit images containing full nudity or graphic sexuality.
- Contact email@example.com if you have further questions
- Electronic submissions will be accepted until 5pm, EST, August 6 2010.
- The winning images will be announced September 3rd, 2010.
The Lensbaby Optic Swap System includes six interchangeable optic options:
- Double Glass: A 50mm f/2 multi-coated optical glass doublet, providing a tack-sharp Sweet Spot of focus with minimal diffusion at all aperture settings. Retail price: U.S. $84.95
- Single Glass: A 50mm f/2 uncoated optical glass singlet, similar to the primitive optic found in antique cameras. Retail price: U.S. $34.95
- Plastic: A 50mm f/2 plastic singlet that maximizes blur and diffusion in a dreamy way that Holga™ and Diana™ camera lovers will especially appreciate. Retail price: U.S. $34.95
- The Pinhole/Zone plate: an optic cup with an f/177 aperture hole to allow for classic pinhole photography and an f/19 Zone plate opening. Retail price: U.S. $34.95
- Fisheye: An ultra-wide 12mm focal length and 160 degree field of view captures eye-popping fisheye views from infinity all the way down to one half inch from the front of your lens. Retail price: U.S. $149.95.
- Soft Focus: This 50mm Soft Focus Optic creates a velvety soft image perfect for portraits, flowers, landscapes or any subject that needs a soft touch. Soft Focus has a look that is evenly soft throughout the image without the Sweet Spot of sharp focus created by our selective focus optics. Retail price: U.S. $89.95.
Lensbaby Optics are available from select specialty photo stores worldwide and at www.lensbaby.com. For more information, visit www.lensbaby.com/kubotacontest/ or contact PR Representative Jessica Darrican at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lensbaby is a Portland, Oregon based manufacturer of award-winning Creative Effects SLR camera lenses. Lensbaby was launched in February 2004 by Craig Strong, a professional photographer and the inventor of the patented Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lens system. Lensbaby sells to photographers all over the world through leading photo retailers and through a growing global network of international distributors, through its website, www.lensbaby.com, and by calling 877-536-7222 / 971-223-5662.
About Kevin Kubota and Kubota Image Tools
Bend, OR-based Kubota Image Tools (http://www.kubotaimagetools.com) is the source for time-saving and award-winning image-enhancing Photoshop® Actions and Lightroom® Presets and presenters of inspiring international workshops designed to empower professional photographers. The workflow-saving offerings grew from the digital experience of Kevin Kubota who began pioneering the field of completely digital wedding photography in the 1990s.
As the President and Owner of Kubota Photo Design Inc. (http://www.kubotaphotodesign.com), Kevin has been working with Photoshop and as a digital/computer educator since 1993. Kevin shares his experience with other photographers through the award-winning Digital Photography Bootcamp®, which has trained thousands of photographers to make the digital transition while empowering them with improved creative control and proven management practices to drive success. Kevin also presents seminars on digital imaging, workflow and Photoshop techniques for professional photographers for national associations such as WPPI, PPA and many state associations.
Max Borges Agency
o: 305-576-1171 x.16