iTwin SecureBox provides hardware-key based security for DropboxTM
SINGAPORE/BOSTON – October 16, 2012 – iTwin – the company that created the iTwin ‘remote file access’ device – releases iTwin SecureBox, bringing hardware-key based security to DropboxTM. Now, even the most privacy-conscious users can rest assured about putting their sensitive data in the Cloud.
Cloud storage is a great way to access data on-the-go. However people are concerned about the security of their data once it leaves their computer. iTwin SecureBox has been created to solve this problem.
Key benefits of iTwin SecureBox include:
- Drag & Drop Simplicity: iTwin SecureBox automatically encrypts files dragged into the SecureBox folder and seamlessly integrates with DropboxTM, requiring no extra steps.
- Plug & Play Operation: Plugging iTwin into a computer automatically decrypts and presents the files that had been encrypted using iTwin SecureBox.
- 2-Factor Authentication: Hardware key plus an optional password.
- Hardware-Based Security: AES 256-bit encryption, in AES-GCM* mode, with the encryption-keys residing only on the iTwin devices. The encrypted files will appear as gibberish to anyone who does not have the physical iTwin device that was used to encrypt. Even the filenames are obfuscated.
“With iTwin SecureBox, users can store sensitive data in the Cloud without fear”, says Lux, CEO of iTwin. “They will get the best of both worlds: the convenience of the Cloud and the security of iTwin.”
iTwin SecureBox will be automatically pushed as a free download to all current iTwin users. iTwin can be purchased for $99 at Amazon.com and iTwin.com.
iTwin launched the iTwin ‘remote file access’ device in 2010, which made remote access as simple as using a flash drive. Now, iTwin has taken the significant step of introducing iTwin SecureBox, which combines iTwin’s hardware-key based security with the ease-of-access offered by the Cloud.
* AES-GCM mode provides for both authenticated encryption and data integrity checks.
‘Dropbox’ is the registered trademark of Dropbox, Inc. and iTwin does not claim ownership of this mark. iTwin SecureBox is not related to ‘Dropbox’ or Dropbox, Inc.