Switch makes its debut at the Consumer Electronic Show in January 2015 with support for Apple HomeKit.
Avon, Conn. – January 5, 2015 – iDevices®, the preeminent brand and development partner in the Internet of Things (IoT) market, announces their highly anticipated HomeKit-enabled product today, the iDevices Switch. This Bluetooth® Smart and Wi-Fi™ compatible connected plug is set to start shipping during the first half of 2015. Explore Switch at http://idevicesinc.com/switch/.
Ensure Your Home Is Exactly How You Like It
The iDevices Switch provides users ultimate convenience, comfort and security for their home. Through a free iDevices Connected app, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users can effortlessly control, monitor and schedule products around the house. Hundreds of appliances such as lamps, fans, humidifiers, Christmas lights and stereos can be intelligently managed through the iDevices Switch.
The iDevices Switch plugs directly into an electrical outlet, and connects to a home’s Wi-Fi network. Once the user downloads the iDevices Connected app from the App StoreSM, they are able to instantly control any product they have plugged into the Switch through an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Designed With The User In Mind
The iDevices Switch has a combination of unprecedented features engineered into a compact design. The integration of HomeKit allows for unique features such as controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories using Siri® on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- All You Need – The iDevices Switch does not require an external hub or subscription fees and works right out of the box with a simple and straightforward connection process.
- Siri – Switch’s HomeKit integration provides an easy, secure way to control Switch using Siri on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can even create your own commands to control multiple home settings. For example, you can automatically turn off lamps connected to your iDevices Switch, lock your doors, close the garage door and set the thermostat to the desired temperature, all with one command.
- Remote Access – iDevices designed a custom IoT cloud for Switch so that users can access their home from wherever they are with no additional hub required.
- Create Custom Events and Schedules – Through the iDevices Connected app, users are able to design custom events (or schedules) that fit their lifestyle. The iDevices Switch has the unique ability to remember events and make sure they happen even when the user is away.
- Personalize Your App – Users can upload photos of their home, rooms and products to the iDevices Connected app to add a personal touch and improve visual navigation.
- Customizable Nightlight – The iDevices Switch has a nightlight that can be personalized to match any room in the house by choosing from unlimited color combinations.
- Compact Design – iDevices designed Switch to fit seamlessly into any room. With the outlet on the side, furniture can easily be placed close to the wall. The compact layout of the Switch also means it does not block adjacent outlets.
The combination of these unique features, with support for HomeKit, makes for the most streamlined user experience possible. CEO, Chris Allen said, “Over the last year, we’ve studied consumer frustrations and hesitations surrounding connected home products. We’re confident that the iDevices Switch, paired with the iDevices Connected app, is going to exceed customer expectations to overcome these common reservations.”
iDevices’ Biggest CES Yet
The first to see the iDevices Switch are the attendees of the Consumer Electronics Show 2015, in Las Vegas. iDevices will be showcasing the iDevices Switch, along with several other leading home automation products, in their 40’ x 45’ booth, #31712, located in the Upper South Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This is iDevices’ biggest CES yet and is a good indication of where people can expect the company to head. “We’re ready to be at the forefront of revolutionizing the connected world and developing one of the world’s first HomeKit products is a huge step towards this,” said Allen.
Visit Booth #31712 at CES for a full tour of iDevices’ new Switch product.
About iDevices, LLC
iDevices began its journey with the conception and development of the iGrill, one of the first app-enabled devices. Following several successful launches, iDevices has emerged as the preeminent brand in the Internet of Things industry. iDevices aims to seamlessly connect users to their worlds with responsive products that enhance everyday life. Through the unique collaboration of its in-house team, iDevices is able to create products that are intelligent at their core. For more information, see iDevicesinc.com.
iDevices Media Contact:
Max Borges Agency