iDevices®’ advanced and growing line of HomeKit™ enabled products, giving users the ability to customize their home from anywhere
Avon, Conn. – September 16, 2015 – iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, announces a new and advanced set of HomeKit-enabled products, available at Lowe’s® starting September 28, 2015. The product line includes the iDevices Switch, iDevices Outdoor Switch and iDevices Thermostat.
HomeKit is an Apple® technology that enables you to securely control your home from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® using Siri® and allows home devices to work together in really smart ways.
Leading the evolution to the next generation of the connected home, iDevices is seamlessly connecting people to their worlds with responsive products that enhance everyday life. The iDevices products provide users with ultimate convenience, comfort and security allowing them to control their home using Siri and the free iDevices Connected app.
iDevices Switch – The HomeKit-enabled connected plug allows users to easily control, monitor and program electronic devices (e.g. lamps, fans, crockpots, space heaters, humidifiers, etc.) throughout their home from anywhere using Siri or the iDevices Connected app. The iDevices Switch will retail at Lowe’s starting September 28, 2015 and at iDevicesinc.com
iDevices Outdoor Switch – By bringing the intelligence and intuitiveness of the iDevices Switch to the outdoors this HomeKit-enabled, rain-tight plug allows users to control, monitor and schedule electronics on the exterior of their home using Siri or the iDevices Connected app (e.g. holiday lights, spotlights, outdoor water fountains, etc.). The iDevices Outdoor Switch has dual outlets allowing users to simultaneously control two products. The iDevices Outdoor Switch will be available exclusively at Lowe’s in November 2015.
iDevices Thermostat – This HomeKit-enabled thermostat gives users peace of mind knowing they will always return home to comfort. With the ability to control and schedule temperature for AC and heating from anywhere using Siri or the iDevices Connected app, users can ensure their home temperature will always be exactly the way they like it. The iDevices Thermostat will be available exclusively at Lowe’s starting September 28, 2015.
iDevices Connected App 2.0 – The redesigned iDevices Connected app introduces a sleek new interface, completely optimized for users. Through the iDevices Connected app, customers can easily add iDevices products to their home network, securely pair them with their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, name them for use with Siri and add them to a room, zone or scene. The app will also have the unique ability to support HomeKit-enabled products from other manufacturers, such as the Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt. The iDevices Connected app will be available for update prior to the launch of the new iDevices HomeKit enabled product line.
“Our in-house team of designers and engineers have put our users first with these new products and the iDevices Connected 2.0 app,” said Chris Allen, CEO of iDevices. “We are excited for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users to begin customizing their home with our line of HomeKit-enabled products and can’t wait to show what’s next for iDevices. This is just the beginning of the iDevices evolution.”
iDevices Connected App Features
- All You Need – iDevices products do not require an external hub or subscription fee and work right out of the box with a simple and straightforward connection process. There’s no need for users to even know their Wi-Fi® password to get set up.
- Siri® – All of the new iDevices products support Siri, letting users control each directly from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using just their voice.
- Access Anywhere – Stay connected to your home from wherever you are. iDevices products can be securely accessed and controlled from anywhere using the iDevices Connected app. For HomeKit features, such as Siri voice control, an Apple TV® (3rd generation or later) is required for use outside of your home.
- Create ‘Scenes’ – With HomeKit, users are able to group multiple products and actions together into what’s called a ‘Scene’. For example, telling Siri “Goodnight” could turn off a bedroom lamp and outdoor lights using the iDevices Switch and iDevices Outdoor Switch, while programming the iDevices Thermostat to a comfortable sleeping temperature.
- Create Custom Schedules – Through the iDevices Connected app, users are able to design custom schedules that fit their lifestyle. iDevices products have the unique ability to remember events and make sure they happen even when the user is away.
- Energy Reporting – By using the iDevices Switch, homeowners can save money on utility bills. The app shows current wattage draw of each iDevices Switch as well as an average usage per day, giving users the insight they need to make better energy saving decisions daily.
- Personalize Your App – Users can upload photos of their home, rooms and products to the iDevices Connected app to add a personal touch and improve visual navigation.
Controlling HomeKit-enabled accessories away from home requires an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later).
About iDevices, LLC
iDevices is a preeminent brand in the connected home industry. iDevices aims to seamlessly connect users to their worlds with responsive products that enhance everyday life. Through the unique collaboration of its in-house team, iDevices is able to create products that are intelligent at their core. For more information, see iDevicesinc.com.
iDevices Media Contacts:
305.374.4404 ext. 162