Kickstarter project seeks funding to sprout fresh herbs and vegetables in households worldwide
Palo Alto, Calif. – March 27, 2012 – Click & Grow, designer of indoor smart gardens, unveils the Smart Herb Garden on Kickstarter today. The Smart Herb Garden is a high-tech, self-watering plant system that grows multiple herbs at once. Click & Grow is looking for support from technology enthusiasts, travel fanatics, people cursed with black thumbs and anyone else who wants to add a little green into their life, to make this product a reality.
“With the Smart Herb Garden we hope to bring the World one step closer to sustainable and self-sufficient lifestyles,” says Click & Grow’s CEO, Mattias Lepp. “With more than 3 years of R&D behind the Smart Herb Garden, we aim to provide users a fool-proof gardening solution that is simple and intuitive to use at a fraction of the cost of similar products on the market.”
No gardening knowledge is required as the technology in the Smart Herb Garden does all the work. The growth medium used in each plant cartridge is a nanotech material that is engineered to supply the plant roots with the right amount of oxygen, water and nutrients at any time. No pesticides, fungicides, hormones or any other kind of harmful substances are involved.
Traditional LED lights makes plants look unnatural and can be harmful for children’s eyes, the LED in the Smart Herb Garden was created in collaboration with the world’s leading LED technologists to invent a natural-looking light system that is safe for young eyes. Using only 6 watts of energy, the cutting-edge lighting solution used in the Smart Herb Garden provides the plants enough light to grow. This will reduce electricity bills to run the Smart Herb Garden, costing around 5 dollars for an entire year.
The Smart Herb Garden allows users to grow multiple herbs and vegetables at once, and each starter kit includes basil, thyme and lemon balm. Refill cartridges will be available for chili pepper, mini tomato, strawberries, peppermint, spinach, salad rocket and various kinds of lettuce that can be grown year-round.
The Smart Herb Garden is expected to retail for $79, and people who pledge $29 will receive the first Smart Herb Gardens to come off the production line (limited to 100 contributors). Other pledge contributors will receive the following:
- Pledge $39-$49: Smart Herb Garden with 3 plant cartridges (basil, thyme and lemon balm) and choice of lid color (white, kiwi green, soft pink and orange)
- Pledge $75: Black special edition Smart Herb Garden, limited to Kickstarter supporters only (limited to 150 contributors)
- Pledge $125: Smart Herb Garden with 9 plant refills of your choice
- Pledge $250: Smart Herb Garden with 2 year subscription of plant refills
- Pledge $1,000: Interactive next-generation Smart Herb Garden that provides feedback based on touch (limited to 10 contributors)
- Pledge $10,000: Join the Click & Grow family for the day, the brand will fly you to Estonia for a private tour of the lab and production line (limited to 5 contributors)
All pledges are offered at discounted rates from the projected retail price, and the Smart Herb Gardens are expected to begin shipping in September 2013.
For more information about the Smart Herb Garden visit their Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mattiaslepp/smart-herb-garden-by-click-and-grow
To learn more about Click & Grow visit www.clickandgrow.com.
Measurement and Specs
- Dimensions: 11.8” length x 4.7” width x 11.4” max height
- Weight: Approximately 850g
- Light: Built-in light contains 2 LEDs, 3W each.
- Electricity: US AC wall adaptor
About Click & Grow:
Click & Grow is the leading creator of easy-to-use electronic smartpots that grow plants without watering and fertilizing. The companies smart technology controls all the necessary parameters and doses an exact amount of water, fertilizer and air, according to the plant’s needs. Click & Grow’s specially developed and patented growth medium enables users to grow fresh herbs, vegetables and plants in all environments. Since the company’s inception in 2010 over 50,000 Click & Grow’s have been sold worldwide. To learn more about Click & Grow’s comprehensive line up of products and plants, visit www.clickandgrow.com.
Max Borges Agency
305-374-4404 x 146