Laguna Hills, Calif, January 31, 2011 – As the good people of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania prepare to prognosticate an early spring, Laguna Hills, CA smart phone app developer Iconosys, Inc. today releases one of its Spring celebration-themed apps named “Groundhog’s Day”. The app “Groundhog’s Day,” promises to increase our contact with our friends and loved ones, with one more good reason to say hi and stay in touch.
Since 1887, Groundhog’s Day has been observed each year on February 2nd. The world’s largest celebration of this day is held in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, where the whole town — and our country for that matter — waits for the loveable celebrity groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, to emerge from his hole and tell us all if there will be 6 more weeks of winter.
“We need all the reasons we can to reach out to our friends and loved ones, and let them know we are thinking of them. This is a cute way to do so, and for no compelling reason at all, other than the fact that we want to let these people know we are thinking of them. And not to mention that Groundhog Day with Bill Murray was one of my favorite movies of all time, too,” commented Wayne Irving, Iconosys CEO.
Groundhog’s Day App Features Include the Following:
- Groundhog’s Day the app allows you to send custom shadow messages to people in your contacts list, up to and after Groundhog Day.
- An illustrious countdown clock counts backwards to the special day and sends a pre-programmed text message with a Happy Groundhog’s Day! wish automatically, by selecting or unselecting recipients using the Send Message feature button.
- Participate with the rest of the world in a special Groundhog’s Day poll, and track the poll results. Will Phil see his shadow? See what the world thinks as we get closer and closer to the big day.
“You’ve received a special message! Happy Groundhog’s Day! ….”
- Because Groundhog’s Day the app is a year round app, install it for this year and it will update and reset for the following year, keeping your message recipient list safely stored until 2012.
- Groundhog’s Day is now available in English, and on the Android OS platform.
Groundhog’s Day the App can be downloaded from the Android Market and GetJar for no charge and is a preemptive release to Iconosys’ first mobile smart phone game, involving the same loveable groundhog and skunk characters that appear in this app.
About Iconosys, Inc.
Iconosys, Inc., the maker of All I Want From Santa™, DriveReply™ and Trick or Tracker,™ is developing a series of “first of kind“ technologies and technology driven products designed to make mobile applications better, faster, easier, and ultimately, safer to use.
Iconosys’ CEO Wayne Irving II, a pioneer in next-generation telecom concepts, has led the drive to take advantage of new systems, processes, and onboard motion technologies to build lifesaving and life-enhancing products, and to create new and better tools for cloud applications and operating systems.
Iconosys’ proprietary technology, developed with support from Motorola, is a complex series of algorithms and readings from the technology running on today’s Smart phones; this includes, without limitation, GPS and other motion sensors, coordinated with Google mapping to provide a more accurate and responsive set of background services to most, if not all, of the upcoming Iconosys technology releases.
Max Borges Agency
3030 Biscayne Blvd Suite 701
Miami, FL 33137