More than 15,000 units of the highly-anticipated smart jewelry sold in four days
SAN FRANCISCO – June 4, 2015 – Bellabeat, a startup dedicated to creating innovative and beautiful technology for women, announced the Limited-Edition LEAF on May 27th and sold out within one hour. The original LEAF sold out of the first 10,000 units in 48 hours, with more than 15,000 total sold in the following days. These first LEAFs are expected to ship mid-June. The current wearables market for female-focused activity trackers seems to be missing design and technology features that resonate with women. The Bellabeat LEAF was produced to fill that void.
LEAF is the latest in smart jewelry that monitors women’s activity, sleep, stress and ovulation. The LEAF seamlessly combines a stylish piece of jewelry with innovative health tracking technology, particularly its mechanism for tracking breathing in relation to stress levels, to provide women with wellness data and recommendations through the LEAF app. Check out the LEAF in action here.
Bellabeat’s mission is to take a holistic approach to wellness and provide meaningful insight into women’s health patterns. Urška Sršen, Bellabeat’s co-founder and CCO, wanted to make technology more approachable for women.
“We’ve set out to help women be healthier in all stages of life. Women have been immensely overlooked as users of technology, and that couldn’t be truer than in the wearables space. We’re doing our part to change that with simple, empowering, beautiful products that give women meaningful insights to their health,” says Sršen.
A week after the launch of the Limited-Edition LEAF, the company has already sold 54% of their second batch, indicating women are receptive and excited about wearables that do so much more than track steps and calories. As the Bellabeat collection grows, they remain focused on helping women lead healthier, more balanced lives at every stage.
For more information on the Bellabeat LEAF, Limited-Edition LEAF and accessories, please visit www.bellabeat.com/leaf.
Bellabeat LEAF Features:
- Smart jewelry that can be worn as a necklace, bracelet or clip.
- Learns personal habits and tailors feedback accordingly.
- Offers additional interchangeable gold and stainless steel leaf plating designs.
- Stylish wearable technology that helps women track activity, sleep, stress and reproductive health.
- Provides real-time health feedback via the LEAF app and helps change behaviors so women become healthier and more aware of their body.
- Can be paired with your own jewelry or Bellabeat’s new accessory collection.
- Offers 6-month battery life with a replaceable battery.
- Comes in biodegradable packaging made from sugar cane fiber, bamboo and reed pulp.
- $250 for the Limited Edition LEAF; $119 for the Original LEAF.
Founded in 2014, Bellabeat creates beautiful, innovative products that help women easily track their overall health and wellness, and get connected to their body and mind throughout different stages in life. Bellabeat helps create a better, healthier lifestyle by bringing intuitive wellness tools to women, encouraging them to take care of their health and to be informed. Bellabeat has always been inspired by the beauty and power of nature, which is incorporated into all of their products.
Bellabeat on Social Media:
Bellabeat Media Contact:
Max Borges Agency
Max Borges Agency is an award-winning tech PR agency based in Miami with multi-national clients targeting the global consumer.