Bellabeat launches the Limited-Edition LEAF that monitors women’s activity, sleep, breathing, stress and reproductive health, plus a collection of accessories for every style
SAN FRANCISCO – May 27, 2015 – Bellabeat, a company dedicated to creating innovative and beautiful technology for women, today announces the Limited-Edition LEAF, the latest in smart jewelry that monitors women’s activity, sleep, stress and ovulation. The LEAF seamlessly combines a stylish piece of jewelry with innovative health tracking technology, particularly its mechanism for tracking breathing in relation to stress levels, to provide women with wellness data and recommendations through the LEAF app. Check out the LEAF in action here.
The Limited-Edition LEAF is nature-inspired, designed with sustainably sourced 7,000-year-old dark Marshwood and embellished with gold leaf plating, available in five different styles. Bellabeat also offers a new collection of chic accessories that can be paired with the LEAF to fit women’s individual styles from Boho Chic to Downtown Edge.
LEAF: YOUR PERSONALIZED WELLNESS COACH
The LEAF stays with you throughout the day, stylishly tracking your daily activity, sleep and stress, revealing life patterns via the LEAF app. Receive real-time feedback in the form of slight vibrations, notifying you to increase or decrease your activity and reminding you about other aspects of your health, such as getting more sleep or even an alarm to start the day. The LEAF app even helps to monitor your monthly menstrual cycle by tracking expected days and providing information based on your activity, sleep and stress levels. As you continue to use the LEAF, it becomes smarter by learning your personal habits and tailors feedback accordingly. The LEAF is truly unique in that it allows you to cross reference your cycle with trends in your daily activity, all easily viewable in your app. It truly is a best friend and health coach combined into one beautiful package. Wearable smart jewelry has never been so beautiful, functional and effortless.
Bellabeat designed the Limited-Edition LEAF and the new accessory collection with personalization and style in mind, incorporating feminine nature-inspired designs, chic accents and coveted materials. Enjoy attaching the LEAF onto favorite jewelry you already own, wear with the included silver chain necklace or personalize even more with the new leather and sport vegan fiber accessories, sold separately. Stylish personalization doesn’t stop there, you can easily pair the new gold leaf plate design with Bellabeat’s existing pale European wood LEAF or embellish the Limited-Edition LEAF in dark Marshwood with the current stainless steel plate designs – the possibilities are endless.
Women across all stages of life can go about their day running from client meetings to workout classes to making dinner with their kids, while discretely monitoring their physical and emotional well-being.
- The LEAF monitors stress levels by measuring the rise and fall of your breath when worn as a necklace. This breathing data is cross-referenced with stress level entries you input into the LEAF app and, over time, the app learns how your breathing correlates with stress.
- The LEAF monitors daily activity by tracking every movement you make. The data syncs with the LEAF app where you can view your progress in an instant.
- The LEAF monitors sleep by tracking the small movements you make while in bed, learning how long you spend in each stage, and determining how long and how well you’ve slept.
- The LEAF assists with monitoring your menstrual cycle, and even reminds you in the days leading up to your next period. Women trying to conceive are able to identify ovulation days to increase their chances of successful conception. By cross referencing your daily activity in the LEAF app with your menstrual cycle, women are able to better understand their health trends during this specific time.
“Bellabeat’s Limited-Edition LEAF is designed to appeal to the fashion-conscious female who wants to monitor her lifestyle and health without compromising her style,” said Urška Sršen, Co-founder and CCO of Bellabeat. “This feminine piece of nature-inspired smart jewelry seamlessly integrates into women’s busy lives, giving them the tools to stay healthy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”
Limited-Edition LEAF Features:
- Nature-inspired design with 7,000-year-old dark Marshwood and embellished with gold leaf plating.
- Marshwood gains its dark pigment through preservation when deceased trees fall into the marsh and are submerged in silt.
- Smart jewelry that can be worn as a necklace, bracelet or clip.
- Learns personal habits and tailors feedback accordingly.
- Offers additional interchangeable gold and stainless steel leaf plating designs.
- Stylish wearable technology that helps women track activity, sleep, stress and reproductive health.
- Provides real-time health feedback via the LEAF app and helps change behaviors so women become healthier and more aware of their body.
- Can be paired with your own jewelry or Bellabeat’s new accessory collection.
- Offers 6-month battery life with a replaceable battery.
- Comes in biodegradable packaging made from sugar cane fiber, bamboo and reed pulp.
- $250 for the Limited Edition LEAF; $119 for the Original LEAF.
For more information on the Bellabeat LEAF, Limited-Edition LEAF and accessories, please visit www.bellabeat.com/leaf. Orders placed will begin shipping mid-June.
Founded in 2014, Bellabeat creates beautiful, innovative products that help women easily track their overall health and wellness, and get connected to their body and mind throughout different stages in life. Bellabeat helps create a better, healthier lifestyle by bringing intuitive wellness tools to women, encouraging them to take care of their health and to be informed. Bellabeat has always been inspired by the beauty and power of nature, which is incorporated into all of their products.
Bellabeat on Social Media:
Bellabeat Media Contact:
Max Borges Agency
Max Borges Agency is an award-winning tech PR agency based in Miami with multi-national clients targeting the global consumer.